The Return

I have been away for quite some time now. Two months to be exact, during this time I've had a lot to think about and to question. I've thought about a lot of things that bother me and affect me in some way. One of the things that bother me the most are people who for no apparent reason think it is acceptable to tell you how to cope and deal with your own life. This is a thing that irritates me profusely. A key example of this is a conversation I had with a friend not so long ago. I was discussing my condition with this friend along with other things which had upset me and what irritated me was that I was told I need to "get over" the fact I have no womb and "move on" with my life. Though I always try to see things from others perspectives and welcome their opinions, I did find this to be insensitive. 

Now I do wholeheartedly agree that it helps and is useful to accept that I have no womb and nothing can be done to change that matter at this moment in time. But I do not appreciate the way it was advised. I believe my condition no to be something that you can simply "get over". You are left with the constant reminder of your difference whenever faced with anything childbirth or infant related. And this is a hard reality to face at times, admittedly not always, a lot of the time it can be possible to feel no different to anyone else, there are no physical differences in any sort of way really. It is not as though I have a sign tattooed to me mentioning it or give off a scent which makes everyone else aware of my difference. I would say that it is quite easy for me to blend into society with no aspersion as to what I am. 

Though the basis of this post is the reaction to my dealing with my condition. It is not the sole purpose of this blog, the sole purpose of this blog is to express my discontent with those who believe they have the right to tell others how they must live with their life and how to accept the situations within their life. I believe we are each given our own life events to deal with in our own specific way. As there is something which we must learn from every event within our life. Something to draw upon and make us better as a person and when others try to take over or life our lives for us then it is impossible for us to learn the desired lesson. 

I accept that at times we all need help with problems in our life be that advice, support or guidance. But interference is not the resolution nor can it help in anyway. My only wish is that I am allowed to live my life the way I choose to live it and am not dictated to. As this is my experience, my learning curb, my path and my gaining of knowledge. Henceforth I would appreciate to live it my way. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Hugs I do understand how you feel about the insensitivity of people who cannot understand how you feel and how you need to deal with MRKH. I hate the phrase "deal with it" it is as though you have a choice in the matter.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, as you can tell it is a phrase which irritates me too. Hopefully people will gain more understanding in future, but there will always be some who speak before they think xxx

      Delete
  2. Totally agree. Two weeks after I was diagnosed 11 years ago my ex, boyfriend at the time, expected me to be 'over it' and to have moved on. Not surprisingly I couldn't just get over it. This probably caused our later marriage to break down. I still struggle to forgive his callous attitude toward me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I understand completely as i've had thise close to me telling me to get over it, you expect them to be more understanding, but that isn't always the case xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts